Monday, February 23, 2009

the crummy econony!

Well, life has been a little bit crazy for the last month. With the horrible economy I was let go from my job at Challanger and was left on a quest for a new job! So, I decided to go back and finish a CNA class I had started a few years ago. So, for the past two weeks I have been taking my class everyday from 8-5 and have been doing clinicals. It has been such a fun experience, and has made me so excited to get to work working in a Hospital Setting helping the patients with their care. I passed my first test on Saturday, which was a huge relief, and now just waiting for my time to take the state skills test! I am really excited about this new journey I am about to take part in.
When I started college I really wanted to go into nursing, but the timing of some life events didn't make that possible. I feel like this is my chance to do what I really want to do in life. I have thought about this a lot and prayed about it, and feel really great and feel like this is what is meant to be in my life. If I get a job the majority of Hospitals will pay 75-100% of your schooling. If you specialize in what they want and need they indeed will pay 100%. That makes me really excited! This means if I start this summer and go summer, fall, spring and summer again I will be done with school at the end of summer 2010 and a RN. I am so happy this opportunity has fallen right into my lap. So even though the economy is terrible I have been blessed with this amazing opportunity to reach out and make a difference in other peoples lives.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you are doing something that makes you happy.

Cori said...

Hey Lindie, I need your email so I can add you to the food blog, k?

Cirina said...

Lindie, so happy to see you two have a blog now! I hope all is going well with your class. You will love being a CNA, I have always wanted to do it, but never got around to it after having James, and now with this next one, who knows when the time will come! I will say, that I loved working in the medical field, and I am sure you will love it and be fantastic at it.

Lisa said...

Yay you are blogging!!

Scott and Cassidy Cowley said...

So glad you're a blogger! Now I can blog stock you! All I can say is life is a big surprise! I'm excited for you to start the nursing program. You'll be great!