Monday, June 27, 2011

Date Night.. Yard Work.. Trampoline.. and Friends BBQ!


I need to play a little bit of catch up, don't I! Well, for starters, we had such a fabulous weekend! Oh my, it was perfect! Friday Night Tom and I decided it was time for a date night with just the two of us! It had been who knows how long since we had been on a date! It was much needed and we had a great time! Tom told me to meet him at Gateway at 6:15 Friday Night! I had no clue where we were going or what we were doing. It was a big surprise! He had reservations for us at Flemings! Wow, ritzy right? Yes, it was. It was so delicious! I ordered Halibut with goat cheese melted on top lying on a bed of mixed greens and beets drizzled with balsamic! I know, your mouth is watering. Tom ordered the steak of course. We shared a salad and the Fleming potatoes too! They were so creamy and savory. I didn't get a pic, because it was too good to even hesitate taking that first bite! Heavenly! For dessert we opted for the Chocolate Lava Cake with a side of Vanilla Ice-Cream! It was amazing!

Yummy Dessert!

We had a great time at dinner, and wanted to take advantage of the lovely evening outside. We walked around Gateway, did a little shopping and got some yummy cookies for dessert #2! We had a blast, and Molls had a great time hanging with Auntie Abbie, Grammie Stacy, and Gramps Chris! She was tuckered out, as were we from our fun date night out on the town!!
Tuckered out Little Girl!

Saturday was filled with yard work in the hot sizzling sun! Tom and I slaved away and it was a great day to be outside working in the garden! I love working in the yard it bring me so many endorphins its crazy!! I hope to one day be a master gardener like my mom and sister, Jess!

Work in Progress!


After the yard work we cooled off at the pool with our wonderful friends, The Coon's and The Lundquist's! We had a great time, and the kiddos loved it. Mollie has no fear! She was jumping off the diving board, sliding down the slide and floating all by herself! Where did my baby go? She is growing up way too fast! I am sad to say I forgot the camera for our swimming adventure, but I am sure there will be plenty more of those to come!

Sunday was fun too. We went to the Lund's for dinner to celebrate Tom's Aunt Jane's Birthday. It was fun and we had a great meal! Molls loved the corn! Finally, a vegetable she will eat! What a crack up she is.

Nibbling that Ear of Corn!
Mollie also couldn't get enough of the trampoline. She can jump all by herself without any help and she is coordinated while doing so! She is going to be quite the athlete with all the coordination!

My Big Girl!

Her and Cousin Peter played a little bit as well. Isn't Peter so cute and rock solid! Love that little man, he is adorable!! I just want to squeeze him!!

Cute Molls and Peter!

Today for FHE we had a combined BBQ at our house with The Coon's and Lundquists! It was a lot of fun. We grilled up some chicken and hot dogs, and had potatoes and chips and dip on the side! It was yummy! The kiddos had fun playing together and got along great! It is so much fun having such fun friends for Mollie to play with! She really enjoys it!

Cutest Friends!!

What a little stud!

Love that darling smile!

Daddy and Mollie

Me and My Girl!

After dinner we decided we would have hand stand contests! Dallas and Katie killed everyone and had some dang good form!

Perfect pointed toes Dallas!

Katie the Natural!

Angie, Jake and I struggled a little bit, while Molls and Gabers were awesome!!
Jake's Mad Skills!

Lindie's Attempt!

Go Angie!

Molls and Gabe win!

After, we had a Bachelorette watching party over at Coon's and had some Brownies and Leftover Cake from Last Night! It was full of drama and lots of fun! We had a short intermission to watch some "Illegal" Fireworks that Jake was super proud of! They were awesome, but left all the kiddos crying and little bit afraid of the Booms and Bangs!

We had a great time with our fabulous friends, and can't wait for our "Stuga" Cabin Adventure this next weekend!

Hope you all had as much fun the last few days as we have! Summer is the best! More fun to come soon!

7 comments:

Joe and Victoria said...

sounds like you had a fun filled week!

Julia said...

that dessert from your date night looks so delicious!!! what a fun weekend...so glad you all are enjoying your summer :) seriously the sweetest pics of you and your little girl!

Lindsey said...

What a fun week! I'm impressed by those handstands - I definitely can't do one!

Angie and Dallas said...

We did have an awesome FHE night. Love those. Dont have too much fun at the Cabin without us!!! Love you guys!

The Coon's said...

Hey!

The Coon's said...

We had a lot fun too! Thanks for hosting! I will say I had the second best handstand to Dallas so I don't appreciate your comment that I struggled. :)

Cassanova said...

so cutee!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-cek-iphone-asli