Friday, June 24, 2011

Splashing Around..Pretty Toes.. New Sleeping Bag!


Did I ever mention how much I LOVE summer? And now that it is finally warm outside, summer just got ten times better! Yesterday was such a perfect day! We kicked it off with some afternoon fun and a picnic at the splash park in Herriman with our friends! Don't you think Mollie has the cutest friends? I do! They are such fun little pals, and Gabe is such the ladies man!

Cutest Friends Ever!

Molls getting used to the cold water!

Lunchie Time!! Cutest bug, isn't she?

Love that face!

Cute Aspen!

After a fun afternoon at the Splash Park it was time for our Girls Night out! Me, Angie, Malory, Katie and Lindsey headed out for some pampering, frozen yogurt, and some great adult conversation! Don't get me wrong, singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider is fun, but some girl time without the kiddos was much needed! We started the evening with a trip to Stars Nails! Ang and I got our toes done while the other girls got their fingers glammed up! Oh it felt so great to get my ugly toes all cleaned up and looking cute! (As cute as those ET toes can look anyway!)

Wild color for me, but it just screamed summer so I went for it!!

After getting our nails all dolled up, we headed over to Menchies for the BEST Frozen Yogurt you will ever taste! I love that place! They have so many yummy flavors and lots of great toppings! After many samples, I decided to go with my favorite cake batter and pralines and cream! So good! I topped it off with yogurt chips, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Cream and Cookie Dough bites! Quite the combo I know, but it was so good!
We sat outside while we ate our frozen yogurt, the air was just the perfect temperature! We chatted for at least an hour or so, and then decided to call it night so we could spell our husbands from watching the kiddos! It was so much fun to get to know these girls on a "deeper" level! We had a blast, and I can't wait to do it again soon!

When I got home, we put Mollie to bed and then Tom disappeared! I went outside to find him laying in his new sleeping bag we gave him for Father's Day on the front lawn with Olive at his side! I had to snap a picture, because it was so nerdy yet so awesome! What a goon I married!


I love all the fun times I had this week, and its only going to get better with a hot date night with Tom tonight, and some fun Saturday fun with the family! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Julia said...

LOVE THIS! so glad you got to have a girls night...those are the best. plus fro-yo just makes everything better ;) enjoy your date night and have a fabulous weekend!

LOVE that color on your toes as well! Perfect summer color :)

Lindsey said...

What a fun day! Getting toes done is the best!!